So, your house flooded. Perhaps it was due to a burst pipe, or maybe the flood happened due to melting snow, an ice dam, a rain storm, or some other type of weather-related incident. Regardless of why the flooding occurred, though, you’ve got a major problem on your hands, and the problem will only grow [...]
Fire sprinkler systems are a crucial part of protecting homes and businesses in the Denver area. These fire protection devices can not only save lives, but also prevent damage and the need for pricey renovations. They are a vital part of fire safety and should be properly installed and maintained in every home and business. [...]
Spring is here, and that means it’s time to start talking about tornado safety. Whenever the temperatures shift from cold to warm (or vice versa), the chances of a storm front that could produce a funnel cloud or a full-blown tornado increase drastically. And when you consider the serious damages to life and property that [...]
Last week, we explained that water damage is one of the biggest fears of any homeowner. Not only can it cost a great deal of money between damage to the home itself and items such as furniture and appliances, fixing the problem can be incredibly inconvenient. Depending on the severity, you could be looking at [...]
Ask any homeowner what his or her biggest fears are when it comes to damage to their beloved home, and you can bet that “water damage” will be at the top of that list. It certainly isn’t difficult to figure out why. Water damage not only wreaks havoc with the appearance of your home, but [...]
This 10,000 square foot building sustained water damage from burst pipes when temperatures dropped. Tenants had just moved out and the building was up for sale. The damage impacted the office areas as well as warehouse. Abbotts provided Insurance Claim Management services, coordinating directly with the insurance company in addition to typical restoration [...]
Sewage backup tops the list 'Homeowner Horrors'. The smell is just the beginning - a disgusting reminder of the bacteria, viruses, parasites and hazardous waste that has invaded your home. Even in small amounts, sewage can pose health hazards. If not quickly cleaned and sanitized, these hazards can spread to other areas of [...]
Looking at the bathroom area where a backup occurred, the walls appear to be dry. The moisture meter inspection tells a different story. Allowing moisture to remain in walls can result in rot and/or mold damage. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!
A free inspection and estimate for a homeowner that discovered mold when retrieving holiday decorations from the basement. The mold resulted from a drainage issue on the outside of the home. They initially tried to clean the mold with bleach but soon realized that did not work and called for an inspection. The moisture meter [...]
Water damage in Brighton, CO leads to removal of insulation.