Beware: Storm Scammers Are a Real Threat
How Do Storm Scammers Operate?
Avoiding Storm Scammers
- Get It In Writing – Don’t let a “contractor” give you a verbal quote or estimate for the cost to get the work done. A credible contractor will be able to provide you with a written proposal on their letterhead so that you have the business’s contact information.
- Be Wary of Up-Front Costs – Although many legitimate contractors charge some type of up-front fee in order to secure their services, alarm bells should go off if that fee exceeds one-third of the cost of the total job.
- Don’t Pay Cash – If a “contractor” insists that you pay in cash, you should start to feel suspicious. Even if you trust a contractor and prefer to pay in cash, you should always obtain a valid receipt for the amount that you paid in order to protect yourself. A reputable contractor will have no problem taking some other form of payment, or at least offering a receipt.
- Don’t Make On-the-Spot Decisions – A good contractor won’t try to pressure you into making a decision on-the-spot. Legitimate businesses will understand that you may need to do some research or shop around before making a decision.
Of course, in order to avoid ANY doubt or complications, you can always call the experts at Abbotts Fire & Flood for help in your hour of need. We have been serving our neighbors throughout the front-range for decades. We offer fast, reliable services at rates you can afford. Contact us for a free estimate today.
Helping our neighbors in the following communities throughout Denver, Boulder and the entire front-range.
- Castle Pines
- Castle Rock
- Colorado Springs
- Commerce City
- Fort Collins
- Greenwood Village
- Highlands Ranch
- Lone Tree
- Wheat Ridge
We are the help you need when you need it.
- 60-Minute Response Time
- 24 / 7 Emergency Response
- Latest Equipment
- IICRC Certified Firm
Abbotts Cleanup & Restoration
2301 S Jason Street, Denver, CO 80223