Black Mold 2017-06-05T22:54:58+00:00


Black mold, or stachybotrys chartarum, is often referred to as “toxic” black mold. That’s because it produces trichothecene mycotoxins.

Mycotoxins are nasty poisons that can cause serious health problems and even death. Mycotoxins from fungi have been associated with health issues including:

  • Respiratory symptoms
  • Circulatory symptoms
  • Skin problems
  • Reproductive system problems
  • Vision and eye problems
  • Immune system problems

Black-Mold-Attic-300x225Serious Health Risks

The trichothecene mycotoxins produced by stachybotrys chartarum black mold are neurotoxic, which means they disrupt or destroy neurons in the brain and nervous system. Neurological damage can result in a wide array of severe health problems, mental impairment, mood swings and even personality changes.

While the risks of some more serious health problems associated with mycotoxins are relatively low, the consequences of exposure could be catastrophic. Don’t gamble with your family’s or employees’ health. Act swiftly to eradicate mold on your property.

Abbotts Finds and Eradicates Black Mold

If you know or suspect that you have black mold in your residence or business, call Abbotts. Your Abbotts mold experts will find black mold or other water-related fungus problems, report the problems to you and explain their severity, and devise a plan to eradicate the mold and fix its cause. We’ll also disinfect your property, repair water and mold damage, and certify that your mold problem has been eradicated.

Black mold and other fungi can pose serious health risks. Don’t take chances with your family’s or employees’ health. Call Abbotts today. We’ll take care of your mold problem fast so you can breathe easier.