ABBOTTS COVID-19 RESPONSE UPDATE - February 2021
There's no escaping the questions and concerns we all have regarding the COVID-19 outbreak. This unprecedented health situation is changing quickly and has already been disruptive to many businesses across the globe. We are reaching out to assure you that the safety and well-being of our customers and staff remains our highest priority. We are monitoring the situation closely while working to ensure we meet the needs of our customers while providing for the health and safety of our employees and partners.
The most recent information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) indicates that, for most people, the immediate risk of being exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to be low. Unfortunately, a significant number of our neighbors throughout Colorado are a risk of serious health complications. We are doing our part to take action to slow the spread and flatten the curve of COVID-19.
As experts in biohazardous cleanup, we have the knowledge, training and equipment to protect our staff, technicians and customers. To that end:
- Abbotts is classified as an Essential Business under Governor Hunsaker's Public Health order dated March 19, 2020. We are monitoring State of Colorado communications as well as local government authorities for the latest updates.
- Our office staff is working remotely to reduce risk and ensure the 5-Star service you have come to expect.
- Our field staff is continuing to work both emergency and non-emergency jobs taking additional precautions of maintaining six foot distance, cleaning and applying disinfectant to frequently touched objects and surfaces. Crews are also washing hands or applying hand sanitizer before entering and when exiting job sites. Additionally crews are wearing latex gloves when on a job site. Full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is available if requested by customer.
- We are monitoring the health of field staff and will pull anyone that believes they may have been exposed to COVID-19 or begins to experience symptoms. We are also following Colorado Department of Public Health recommendations for testing.
- We are exercising an abundance of caution asking about symptoms, travel and the possibility of COVID-19 infection before entering the premises. As risk increases, enhanced safety equipment and protocols will be employed. High-risk non-emergency jobs may be delayed.
- We continue to conduct additional awareness, training and certifications to ensure that our crew remains healthy and able to serve our customers while keeping customers safe.
- We have reviewed our inventory of equipment and supplies to ensure we are using CDC recommended EPA approved sanitizers with emerging viral pathogens claims are expected to be effective against the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 based on data for harder to kill viruses.
We are following the advice of governments, public health authorities, and medical professionals to guide our decisions to serve our customers and ensure our collective health and well-being. As new information is available we will make decisions to protect everyone to the best of our ability.